In his pride the wicked does not seek Him; in all his thoughts there is NO ROOM for God. ~Psalm 10:4 (emphasis mine)
This was my verse to contemplate and meditate on today.
I never thought I was a prideful person. My mother, she is prideful, she would rather saw off her own leg than ask someone who may have offended her once for help. That was pride not anything I do.
God, however, has a different view on pride. In this verse He tells us that when we go about our daily lives as though we don't need God we are telling Him "I got this." Thankfully, God being the loving father He is says "alright, I'll just be here waiting to catch you" because He knows we don't got this.
We were not made to make it thorough our lives without the Lord. When we go about our days without taking the time to consult our heavenly father we are those wicked whose pride gets in the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment